Sunday, September 4, 2011

One of the Blind I Am Not


One of the blind, I am not.
I limp not nor do I faint
No evil spirit in or out
Neither am I ill or sick
My skin is whole and well
My loved ones and I, alive
I can speak and write and tell.
Yea, my wrong tis not notable
But one who heals is here
Giving sight to all who sees not,
Strengthening the lame with care
Freeing the souls from devils and demons
Healing both leper and the sick
Giving life to those who sleep
Putting words in mouths sealed thick
Even opening the long closed ears
How can I dare attempt to try
To ask His help for me
How would He even hear my cry
To heal my heart from this scar
I weep no, but pain I feel
A commandment I’ve transgressed
The penalty and hurt is real
But, outwards tis unseen
My sin boils within my heart
Oh, how my soul longs for freedom
From guilt, and anguish for a start
This endless torment and torture
I wish oh wish He’d come
I wish He’d rid me of this
But alas, He’s too busy for one
And alas there’s too many to heal
Why would he waste time on me?
What would it prove?
How could he even make me free?
But who would and could?
He stops, and, looks my way
I cannot believe it
He comes to me to say:
“My son, know ye who am I?”
My soul jumps with this thought
So I reply with all my being
“Thou art He, the son of God
And I am unworthy in thy presence
But, please I ask of you, if thou wilt
Save me from what ails me
Remove from me this small pain and guilt
But if not, heal those with greater need.”
He smiles and reaches out his hand
I grasp his as he explains
“My son, I say t thee, stand
for thou has faith and hope and charity
Though ye may not be blind
            Nor lame
                        Nor possessed
                                    Nor sick
                                                Nor leper
                                                            Nor dead
                                                                        Nor mute
Ye have been found in greater need than these
Therefore thy faith hath made thee whole
And thy sins are forgiven thee
Be of good cheer, and sin no more”
Tear upon tear, full of gladness
My heart is healed and whole
Empty of anguish and now guiltless
Thanks to my Lord on High
He healed me, He heals me, and He will always heal me
For He is my Savior and my Lord and my Healer
He healed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment