Sunday, September 4, 2011

Oh, Do I Wish I Were Special


Oh, do I wish I were special
Full of wonderful talents
So that I might be recognized.
In this, I would be thankful.

I wish I were an Olympic runner
Passing my opponents and fears
Until I become the victor
With this, life would be better.

I wish I were the smartest,
Needing no schoolwork
To figure out the worlds problems
With this, from work I could rest.

I wish I could be another Mozart
Playing my sorrows and cares away
Making millions with my music
With this, joy would enter my heart.

I wish I were playing for the NFL
Where everyone would know my name
Because of a 100 yard touchdown
With this, all would be well.

But I forget to realize

I need not to win the gold medal
I need not to ace all my tests
I need not to write a masterpiece or two
I need not to wear a pro jersey

I need not these things … to be special
I have my own talents and strengths
That makes me, the unique me
In this, I am eternally grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment