Sunday, September 4, 2011

Is My Faith Strong Enough?


The road has been rough
Full of temptations tough.
With sun and wickedness
To repentance and gladness

Being born in the church
And, early, learning the word
With borrowed faith and light
I follow trying to choose the right

I hope someday along the road
I might develop faith of my own
With a grand conversion story
Of how I found my testimony.

But alas my story differs
From that of a convert
Who knows the difference
And has an amazing experience

Because others besides me fell away
Is why I tremble here today
“Is my faith strong enough?
Do I have the needed love?”

I don’t even remember
When I became a member
Or why, with my father
Did I enter the water

But here I am, look at me
My faith was a borrowed seed
Slowly growing within me
And now it’s an enormous tree

I know this to be true
Not just for me, but for you
We may not be the lost sheep
Or even the humble or the meek

But if we do our best
Putting our faith to the test
With or without an experience
The Lord will make up the difference

So now let us together comprehend
This is how to endure to the end

No comments:

Post a Comment